Astarte Partner Program
Jarro-Dophilus Women features the patented Astarte strains, 4 unique probiotic strains that represent the predominant vaginal Lactobacillus species found in healthy women.
Astarte’s strains were demonstrated in clinical studies to be effective in the restoration and maintenance of protective vaginal lactobacilli levels. The Astarte strains were also shown to lower vaginal pH and support vaginal microbial ecosystem balance via oral supplementation.*
Learn more about the benefits of Jarro-Dophilus Women and the Astarte strains below.
ASTARTE is protected by:
European patent EP2509610 (DE, FR, IT, GB & CH), US patent 8,846,027B2, Canadian patent 2,809,398, Eurasia patent No-024951 (Ukraine 115520)
Jarro-Dophilus® Women helps restore feminine balance with the right bacteria.* Each capsule includes four patented strains that have been clinically documented to support feminine health and are the scientifically proven strains of the predominant vaginal Lactobacilli (L. crispatus LbV 88, L. jensenii LbV 116, L. gasseri LbV 150N, and L. rhamnosus LbV 96).
Jarro-Dophilus® Women Highlights
- Clinically Shown Effective at 5 - 10 Billion*
- Contains 4 Patented & Clinically Documented Vaginal Strains in Each Capsule
- Helps Restore Healthy Vaginal Flora*
- Promotes Urinary Tract Health*
- Lowers the pH of the Vagina*
A True Women's Probiotic
It takes more than just calling a probiotic formula “for women” to be true probiotic for women. Many women’s formula products do not contain any documented strains for this use or even label their product using recognized strain designations. Jarro-Dophilus® Women is the only women’s probiotic containing the four predominant vaginal strains isolated from the vaginal tract of healthy women.*
Clinical Validation of the Astarte® Blend
Vaginal microflora is a complex and dynamic organization that supports a layered defense system and is dominated by only several Lactobacilli in approximately 70% of women. Jarro-Dophilus® Women is an important development in women’s health because it uniquely contains the four patented and clinically documented Astarte strains, which are the actual predominant species found in the vaginal tract of healthy women. Multiple, high-quality clinical studies have demonstrated that the strains in Astarte® are an effective choice for vaginal health.
- Impact of oral administration of four Lactobacillus strains on Nugent score – systematic review and meta – analysis
- Influence of orally administered probiotic Lactobacillus strains on vaginal microbiota in women with breast cancer during chemotherapy
- Effect of a yoghurt drink containing Lactobacillus strains on bacterial vaginosis in women
- Role of microbiota correction in complex treatment of pregnant women with herpesvirus infection
- Strategies for the evaluation and selection of potential vaginal probiotics from human sources
- Ability of an orally administered lactobacilli preparation to improve the quality of the neovaginal microflora in male to female transsexual women
- See how the Astarte strains were selected before isolation and cultivation:
Vaginal Lactobacillus microbiota of healthy women in the late first trimester of pregnancy